maanantai 26. syyskuuta 2011

More about the invasion of Poland

The offical order of attacking Poland, signed by Adolf Hitler 31.8.1939.
Sorry for bad quality, I didnt find a better picture anywhere.
A copy of "The Topeka Daily Central" date september 1st. Gives me chills to think when somebody has opened the newspaper in the States and spit his morning coffee out when reading the headlines.
The city of Frampol, before and after. Frampol was the home of three thousand Polish jews and it was bombed to ground even it had no industry or military troops. The bombing happened on 13. september.
 
Picture taken on the evening of september 1st. The city is Wielun and 75% of its buildings were destroyed. This was the first military action of WW2 that was focused completely against civilians.
I got so excited about this that I had to find out a bit more when I had time. Here are few more pics..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti